ASX 0.53% $64.16 asx limited

iran breaking news, page-8

1. 3,698 Posts.
    Iranian ships 'harass' U.S. Navy, officials sayStory Highlights
    Five Iranian boats made threatening maneuvers toward U.S. ships, officials say

Incident occurred Saturday night in international waters -- the Strait of Hormuz

Iranian radio transmission said "I am coming at you," U.S. military officials say

Next Article in World »

Read MAP
    From Barbara Starr
    CNN

(CNN) -- The U.S. military reported Monday on a "significant" confrontation involving five Iranian Revolutionary Guard boats that "harrassed and provoked" three U.S. naval ships in international waters over the weekend.

U.S. military officials said the incident occurred Saturday night in the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow shipping channel leading in and out of the Persian Gulf.

The five Iranian ships made "threatening" moves -- in one case coming within 200 yards of a U.S. ship, the U.S. officials said.

Don't Miss
    Iran patrols Persian Gulf, U.S. says
    In one radio transmission, the Iranians told the U.S. Navy: "I am coming at you. You will explode in a couple of minutes," the U.S. military officials told CNN.

When the U.S. ships heard that radio transmission, they manned their gun positions and officers were "in the process" of giving the order to fire when the Iranians abruptly turned away, the U.S. officials said. See a map of the Strait of Hormuz »

No shots were fired and no one was injured in the confrontation.

One of the Iranian ships had been dropping white boxes into the water in front of the U.S. ships, the officials told CNN.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$64.16
Change
-0.340(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $12.43B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.35 $64.63 $63.79 $11.73M 183.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18 $64.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$64.21 991 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.