I doubt that will happen without US bases and their allies will...

1. 1,666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I doubt that will happen without US bases and their allies will be hit badly which is why I think its all insane (but looking at the idiots in charge of US foreign policy its possible). The best the US can do to turn the screws on Iran by threatening those that do business with it, which they have done in increasing steps since Trump was elected as a form of provocation. This forms part of Trump increasingly bad strategy of starting trade wars with everyone with a big stick and very tiny carrot approach, which will have long-term negative implications on US policy and its economy if there is no economic viable substitution ability to generate internal growth and restructuring.

If the US will overtly bomb Iran, they have made it clear they will shut down the straight down destroying the US economy (which needs heavy Venezuelan oil to be self sufficient) and Wall Street in the process. This will have its allies UAE, Sawdies and Israel in the gun with the massive amount of US bases close for retaliation. The Iranian's have planned for this contingency for decades so they don't need Nukes to have a massive impact. They are not chickens or bluffers.

People forget that the US had to do a deal with Iran to shop the huge number of deaths in Iraq to reign in the Shia aligned militia's that were killing dozens of US troops a week in insurgency warfare. There is so many proxy leavers all sides can use to made it uncomfortable.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.