UCL 0.00% 30.0¢ ucl resources limited

Seals,There is some further detail here on how Israel would...

1. 819 Posts.
    Seals,

There is some further detail here on how Israel would attack Iran. It is supposedly a leaked document (I expect it is really just to scare the Iranians so the Israelis don't have to attack at all) but to an ignoramus on military matters like myself it sounds quite coherent - well chilling actually. I think only a fool would bet on Iran winning a fight with Israel and the West, so I can't understand Jordinson's perverse and irrational behaviour, to say nothing of his lack of business acumen on this occasion, giving up Mehdiabad right at the bottom, in exchange for an asset that needs two years and a lot of money (and further dilution) to bring it to the same BFS status as Mehdiabad.

The salient text is as follows:

'Paralyse the regime'

The text suggests that an Israeli operation would begin with a massive cyber attack against Iran's infrastructure, to "paralyse the regime and its ability to know what is happening within its borders".

Ballistic missiles would be fired at Iranian nuclear targets, albeit with conventional non-nuclear warheads. Cruise missiles would be fired from Israeli submarines in the Gulf.

It has long been assumed that Israel's small force of German-built Dolphin-class submarines has been adapted to fire cruise missiles, though it is not clear if these are a version of the US-made Harpoon or a derivative of the much longer range Israeli-built Popeye.

According to the text, it will not be just the main Iranian nuclear facilities that are struck, but command-and-control systems; research-and-development facilities and the residences of senior personnel in the nuclear and missile development apparatus. [Seals, if this bit happens I am sure you will have every have-not in Teheran out looting the shops in all the resultant chaos - I saw all that last time myself]

'Futuristic battle plan'

After the first wave of attacks the Israeli memo suggests there will be a rapid assessment of the damage done by satellite, after which manned aircraft will go in to attack "a short-list of those targets which require further assault".

At almost every stage Israel will be using key technologies and weapons systems that it has developed itself, including what the memo describes as equipment that "will render Israeli aircraft invisible"; technology that it has not even shared with its US ally.

At one level it all reads like a futuristic battle plan out of a Tom Clancy novel.

There is nothing in the text about how Iran might respond, nor anything about the potential for a regional war, which could embroil Israel on its northern border should Iran's ally Hezbollah rain down missiles on Israeli cities.

The proposed mission is huge and with potentially far-reaching consequences. We know that most of the Israeli top military command and intelligence chiefs are sceptical about bombing Iran now.

They don't so much question Israel's ability to conduct such a mission - though the scale and scope of what is proposed in the leaked text sounds as though it would test Israel's military machine to its limit.

The full article is at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19272737

There is also an audio interview with the recipient of the document on the same web page.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.