MRM 0.78% $2.58 mma offshore limited

Iran were always in the picture = going back at least from 2006....

1. 12,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1392
    Iran were always in the picture = going back at least from 2006. However then the oil price was not at this level with demand exceeding supply

In 2006, the UN Security Council passedResolution 1696 and imposed sanctions after Iran refused to suspend its uranium enrichment program

Iran have been in talks for some time now in order to get those sanctions lifted.

However fundamentals have completely changed for Mermaid. Those that do not understand oil prices are only secondary to the company share price

Mistakes have been made and repeated by the CEO in my opinion

I mean who would have thought he could go and acquire a company for almost the then 70 per cent of market cap of MRM

I know that I continue to labour on the Jaya purchase. Did the CEO buy any shares in capital raising. No he did not. He has only a history of selling performance and incentive shares to pay for his tax from earnings

I cannot see the oil price stabilising any time soon. When supply exceed demand and people are purchasing alternatives to oil driven cars - the future of oil is questionable

However gas is a different story - demand will continue to increase - and Mermaid are still very strong in domestic market

Once again cease dividend - throw out board - and possibly the share price will stabilise - until then - I am not too keen on company

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.58
Change
0.020(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $977.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.56 $2.59 $2.54 $37.20M 14.51M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1350703 $2.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.60 67518 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MRM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.