UCL 0.00% 30.0¢ ucl resources limited

iranian asset

1. 819 Posts.
    Below is article from www.iranfocus.com

Punting on our Iranian asset coming good sounds crazy when you think about it long and hard: for example 1. It requires our directors to be convinced themselves that it is valuable: all they've done is write it off (yes, there were some words to soothe ruffled feathers from people like me at the time - but nowhere near enough!) and they haven't shown any obvious signs of going overboard on Persian culture either. 2. We need utterly titanic geopolitical changes to occur: complete collapse of well-entrenched dictatorship that uses no higher moral authority than the word of God to justify its actions 3. Vanquishing of forces opposed to a new Central Asian power block emerging that is neither pro Western nor pro Russian (shared history, shared religion and shared characteristics: corruption and commercial astuteness) 4. The emergence of a reasonably sane mining licence regime that recognises past obligations and which is not overly political or corrupt.

However, stranger things do happen sometimes against all the odds. Even companies with bullshitty, globetrotting, high-spending managements sometimes outperform more honest companies! Herewith the latest from Die Welt (although the source of the article has a mixed reputation: the PMOI exposed Fordow, the underground enrichment plant, but are on the US State Department's terror organisation list). I still believe bringing about regime change in Iran will be the only viable option for the West, and therefore that it will happen, and sooner rather than later (this year?) and therefore that Trivett's zero valuation of Mehdiabad is all a load of complete pap.

Even if NMDC came through with an offer now for Wonarah, I am out of it: I couldn't get an acceptance form back within the time limits. I am surprised about the NMDC offer not coming through - it is not like Mr Drummond to miss a trick like that to suck the news flow pipeline dry to stuff us with 12-month-do-nothing-drift-down shares.

How would regime change come about? No idea but it is not impossible to imagine damning evidence emerging from Parchin (I think there were 3 referrals early on in the last decade to the security council for lying according to Professor Abbas Milani, Stanford University, so this would be the fourth time?) and in those circumstances for the West to launch a massive military build up around Iran (a coalition of say 20 countries) and give the regime an ultimatum to go - that may just give the Iranians the courage to rise up against it, and replace it themselves. We will see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.