We should concern ourselves about what is happening in Australia...

1. 22,695 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    We should concern ourselves about what is happening in Australia rather than what is happening in the Middle East. We are a secular society and we should require all religious institutions to abide by Australian law and if they do not, whether they be Muslim, Jewish, Protestant, Catholic Hindu etc, they should be required respect Australian law and simply abide by it.
    If , on the other hand, that religious institutions disobey Australian law, then they should be stripped of their tax free status and
    simply declared a civic institution and penalised accordingly.
    Many mistake Australia's multiculturalism with slack law enforcement. Rather than let this misperception develop, we should nip it in the bud before we have a Birmingham in one of our major cities.
    I just visited Birmingham a month ago and I was amazed by the Muslim presence in the core of the city. The iconic public library
    was patronised mostly by Muslims, mostly staffed by Muslims and the only area which had Caucasians was the Genealogy Department.
    I had not been in Birmingham for over 40 years and its metamorphosis was amazing. There were fundamentals sprucing Islam
    in English on the street corners and handing out free Qurans. I am not surprised with the recent English media focus on Birmingham schools.
    Australia has had a peaceful society since the aboriginal wars and we want to keep it that way before it is too late.
    Moorookamick

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.