MSB 3.21% $1.13 mesoblast limited

IRENE KRISTAL, I, Plaintiff, v. MESOBLAST LIMITED, SILVIU ITESCU, and JOSH MUNTNER, Defendants., page-179

1. 1,277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    Lol I enjoyed your post . I confess I am having deeply cynical thoughts about the company and am not finding any solace in anything I find!
    I am uncomfortable with the class action details, the rejection and why and the earlier initial rejection . Thoughts like words gets around very quickly on anything that looks successful also come to mind.

I did find this when looking up the CSL Takeda news and just wonder ( remember I would willingly grasp at straw right now who wants to lose money) if the criticism of the FDA for approval of Convalescent Plasma as detailed maybe making them extra cautious?

https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/takeda-nih-hyperimmune-plasma-coronavirus-trial/586761/

" ........Hyperimmune globulin is different than convalescent plasma, the antibody-rich liquid taken from the donated blood of recovered COVID-19 patients. Since it's taken from individuals, convalescent plasma can be highly variable, containing more or less of the coronavirus-targeting antibodies that give the infusion its therapeutic punch. By extracting those antibodies from a wider pool of donated plasma, Takeda and CSL Behring can create a concentrated and, just as importantly, standardized medicine that in theory would more reliably benefit patients.Each company has extensive experience with these types of medicines and, in April, decided to merge their separate coronavirus research programs, creating the basis of the CoVIg-19 Plasma Alliance. The trial that got underway Thursday will test the companies' resulting hyperimmune globulin against placebo in 500 hospitalized adults who are risk of serious complications. All participants will get Gilead's COVID-19 drug Veklury as standard of care, reflecting that drug's role after being proven to shorten the time to recovery in hospitalized patients. After seven days following treatment, researchers will compare participants' clinical status on a 7-point scale that's been used to assess other COVID-19 drugs as well. The University of Minnesota, as a coordinating center for the HIV trial network, is sponsoring the study, with funding and support from the National Institutes of Health. The trial, and any results that come from it, could get particular attention due to the Food and Drug Administration's recent — and controversial — emergency clearance for convalescent plasma. The data supporting that conditional authorization were not definitive, coming from an expanded access program run by the Mayo Clinic rather than a randomized, placebo-controlled study that researchers view as more trustworthy.Concerns were also raised by public health experts about political pressure put on the FDA by the Trump administration to clear convalescent plasma before data supported its widespread use. A panel of advisers for the National Institutes recently concluded the data for use of convalescent plasma in treating COVID-19 was insufficient, calling for more rigorous studies to be conducted. Even if those studies are done, progress from other treatments could mean doctors turn to convalescent plasma less frequently than currently......"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.