iress no good what else is out there, page-5

1. 11,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 550
    Warnie,

Forget iress from Commsec, etrade, nab, etc. They have inferior versions of iress that are poorly set up. Try Minc's version.

Be a serious daytrader and go for a contract broker. eg Minc, TraderDealer or Amscot. Iress is far better and their brokerage is only $33 per $200k of stock traded. That is 7 times cheaper than the above mentioned brokers. It is also charged at the end of the day which means you can push the buy or sell buttons as many times as you like without any extra cost as long as the total is below 200k.

For example, I trade with Minc and have Iress setup so that I can trade $20k parcels of BHP with the function keys. Pushing F1 buys $20k of BHP, pushing F2 sells $20K of BHP. So my day's trading on BHP involves 10 pushes F1 & F2 with the right timing and sequence of course.

Suppose at the end of the day I only manage to make 10c profit average from all the trades I did on BHP (about 0.33%). That's $666 gross profit less $66 brokerage (2 contracts). So I make $600 net profit there.

If I did the same trades on Commsec, nab, etc, (0.11% brokerage) my net profit would be $666 - $440 = $226.

See, at he end of the day, where you trade makes a big difference to your profits.

Find out more here: http://www.thinkminc.com.au/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.