IRESS Viewpoint, page-132

1. 585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    Selfwealth is my third choice broker, which I sometimes use to save on brokerage when timing and fast speed of placing orders are of little importance.

I haven't tried TV yet, probably I'll try it next week. If TV can supply realtime data for the XJO, including depths and charts, then it may be possible to use TV for data and Selfwealth for trades, just like I had been using Iress for data and SW for some trades.

My experiences with SW indicate that it is solid and reliable, but it is let down by having only a clunky basic trading platform. Orders do go straight into the market and each trader gets their own HIN and bank account, which may be important considerations for some. Cash from sales is available immediately for new buys. Depositing and withdrawing cash are both quick and easy. Brokerage is a fixed rate of $9.50 per order regardless of size, which is relatively good value compared with some brokers. SW doesn't pay any interest on cash balances.

Anybody tried this possible solution, TV plus SW? Frequent traders who currently use the more expensive brokers such as Commsec should save more on brokerage than it would cost to pay for TV.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.