"....for one i come from Irish and Scottish ancestry " Ah yes,...

1. 16,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7958
    "....for one i come from Irish and Scottish ancestry "

Ah yes, the old, "Actually, I have Irish roots" appeal to authority fallacy for credentialisation

"try to stay on topic buddy.."

The thread header is "Irish Lives Matter" and I have expressed why Irish don't care much for catchy, media-friendly slogans such as that to define our destiny. I don't know how much more on topic one could possibly be than that.

"And saying i omitted the potato famine?? wow you really are clutching at straws sure the British are most probably guilty of inaction here to save those under there rule but whats this got to do with slavery and the English didn't engineer the potato fungus as a bio weapon or anything..."

That you believe that the plight of the Irish in the late 1840s was merely some kind of act of omission on the part of English rule of Ireland at the time, is the strongest confirmation that you have strayed onto a topic about which you really have no idea.

In the year that half a million Irish starved to death, Ireland recorded very high levels of agricultural exports to England and exploitation of Irish farmers through the levying of usurous rents (which, when those rents could not be paid, resulted in record numbers of Irish farmers being evicted from their land).

And this all due to "probable inaction" on the part of Westminster, according to you.

That's a bit like saying white cotton farmers in Alabama in the 17th Century didn't know that those black folk that appeared in the fields each morning were not there by choice.
    Last edited by madamswer: 24/06/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.