ATH 16.7% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

When I listen to this excellent video, the most important thing...

1. 2,749 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 955
    When I listen to this excellent video, the most important thing in my mind is that the "primary outcome measure" in both current ph 2 studies is iron content in the brain, just the thing that was found to be connected to cognition in many different ways. They even found a likely reason why hypertension is a risk factor in the development of dementia or worsening of cognition, it is also iron!

When we are looking at what preclinical studies ATH has been doing, we find that "To date, we have performed in vivo evaluations of our product candidates in a range of animal models of disease including parkinsonian disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington disease, brain cancer, and traumatic brain injury". I think that any vascular stroke can be included in the category of traumatic brain injury.
    Then we have the eye studies by Professor Finkelstein, perhaps targeting iron accumulation in eye diseases.

So only now it is clear that good neural function does not stand iron overload and at this moment it looks evident that ATH434 is a safe iron chelator. We hope that ph 2 studies will demonstrate this as it is the "primary outcome" of these studies. If ATH434 lowers the iron content in these studies it will open the gates to all these other indications: strokes, brain injuries, AD, HD, etc., and even hypertension as a risk factor for dementia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
-0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $26.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $501.4K 91.10M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
71 70438990 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 7499794 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.6¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 8.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ 3568393
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.