VR8 2.00% 4.9¢ vanadium resources limited

Iron Batteries, page-6

1. 2,616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155

Well if they can produce a half reasonable storage battery for $20/kWh I look forward to 2024 and will try to make an investment in Form Energy. Renewable energy will take over the power networks using the cheap storage.

The downside will be that all other companies that depend on the stationary storage market will have no hope of competing and may as well shut their doors by the end of the year. To my knowledge no battery type is even close to $100/kWh and most are up around $150 to $200/kWh. Of course the initial purchase price is only part of the story but it would be a big ask to compete with $20/kWh.

Reading Form Energy's promotion material brings up a major query. They say their Iron-Air battery can store energy at 1/10th of the cost of Lithium batteries which follows on from the $20/kWh figure in the CNBC press release but then they say it pairs well with Lithium batteries to ensure optimal energy configurations. Why would they even need Lithium batteries unless the Iron-Air battery had some shortcoming that needed a Lithium battery to fill.

Further research tells me that Iron-Air batteries are very slow to recharge (didn't find anything on discharging) so Lithium batteries are required to take high short term charge rates and then feed into the Iron-Air batteries later.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VR8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.9¢ $3.929K 80.17K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 4000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VR8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.