GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

iron ore "doing it tough", page-15

1. 12,142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1289
    kenso,

I agree with you but I have stopped thinking about "too big to fail" logic...anything can fail.... the bigger they are, the bigger the chances of failure (BHP & Ravensthorpe are the best that come to mind now)...

But GBG can turn this around...if I stop looking at the minutest details and thereby try and cut out the reasons that can be attributed to startup projects (I think GBG is still in its startup phase - well advanced in terms that 60 odd ships have sailed out, but in terms of the magnitude of the final stage, this is just a beginning)...so all the hiccups we see in terms of not meeting targets, things breaking down, timing etc are all classical problems almost every major grwoing industry / company faces... I have never heard of company turning on its power to its plant and getting 99.9999% gold-plated product emerge in the packing / shipping department...

These pains are part and parcel and the company should approach a very frank and open discussion / announcement regime at this time...let the holders know that they messed up at a few stages, but if they are good, and turn it around, it proves that they can get over any hurdles...

this is where GBG management are failing IMO...I know that if a ship sails on time, it is not something they need to announce to the market, but if we are waiting for the good stuff to sail out and if they do that then there is no harm in announcing it...just so that we nervy/jumpy holders can rest assured that things are going in the right direction...

But as I said earlier, I went all in today...time will tell whether this "gambling jargon" actually turns out to be well thought strategy or just a blind gamble...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.