BSL 1.19% $19.93 bluescope steel limited

iron ore mine, page-5

1. 51 Posts.
    Agree with your sentiment SIRJO but buying a mine at the top of a mining boom is probably not the smartest option for BSL at the current time.

What will happen is the mining boom will end (China is putting on the breaks) and Japan is still a basket case. Resources will then become cheaper, increasing the profit margin for BSL and ultimately making the mines themselves cheaper. But then who wants to own a mine when the products in them are now so cheap??vicious circle. I doubt they have enough cash to do so and no more debt please?we saw what happened a couple of years ago. The days of a $10 share price are a distant memory.

Let?s face it, they just have to weather the storm. I doubt very much if they won?t get some type of compensation from the government as the unions will have egg on their face if there is no compromise. Remember that Paul Howes warned the Government that "if one job is gone, our support [for the carbon tax] is gone". Believe it when I see it but nice to see a Union comment that actually makes some sense for a change.

Oh and another couple of items. Just need a change of government and for the AUD to drop and BSL will be back big time. Easy as 1-2-3.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.93
Change
-0.240(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $8.845B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.12 $20.22 $19.87 $25.04M 1.251M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15317 $19.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.94 25466 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.