AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

iron ore news

1. 1,362 Posts.

The Telegraph
    "However, imports fell to 56.4m tonnes in February, compared with 65.5m tonnes a month earlier, according to China’s customs administration."

I think once you factor in the Chinese New Year week long holiday, where most of the country closed down and cyclone rusty the import quantities were clearly stronger than January taken on a day by day account.

Yet this is the big new evidence that China is in the end days.
    Absolute rubbish!

Most reporters and analyst are using these figures to support their analysis.

China's 2013 demand for iron ore, is expected to jump by 5.7 percent year-on-year to 1.11 billion tons, according to China Iron and Steel Association (CISA).

"In fact, we estimate that this year China's demand for iron ore may even be able to surpass 5.7 percent growth due to the economic recovery," Li Xin­chuang, deputy secretary of CISA, told the Global Times Wednesday, noting that the figure was based on China's steel-related projects for this year.

According to CISA, China imported 743.5 million tons of iron ore last year, an increase of 8.38 percent year-on-year

1.11Billion tons, the truth is this is just the start. If you lived here in Asia you would see why.
    I happened to know of a new 1000KM long high speed railway which has got the go ahead and it hardly rates a mention in the press. That's because it isn't such a big deal here.

IMO the negativity over IO is just a big con job.
    The short term sensitivity to the central banks action will all go away, when we get a few more months of good figures.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.