GRR 2.47% 41.5¢ grange resources limited.

Hi Rythex and others. I am no bear on GRR i like the company but...

1. 839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1129
    Hi Rythex and others.
    I am no bear on GRR i like the company but i think your comments show you dont understand the industry so you need to be really careful with your investment.
    The comment comparing GRR to FMG alone shows you dont understand mining. FMG is a low cost producer. GRR is a high cost producer. So they are fundamentally different companies and GRR is much higher risk because it cannot withstand the low cycles without a cash buffer because it moves into a lossmaking position. Thats why the board holds a big cash buffer. Contrary to what others here say critical of Shagang the cash buffer is because the GRR board understands the mining industry and you do not.
    Similarly the discussion about the FMG PE ratio and GRR. They should not be compared. FMG continues to generate cash at the low point of the cycle whereas GRR will not.
    I like GRR. When the share price gets low enough i will invest. One of the reasons i like them is the sensible cash buffer the board keeps it shows the board is prudent and understands the company.
    But GRR has a specific risk profile because of its position on the cost curve. Its important as investors to understand that because it is fundamental to the investment risk you are taking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.5¢
Change
0.010(2.47%)
Mkt cap ! $480.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
41.0¢ 41.5¢ 40.3¢ $281.6K 691.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 39024 41.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.5¢ 49997 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
41.3¢
  Change
0.010 ( 2.18 %)
Open High Low Volume
40.5¢ 41.3¢ 40.3¢ 291338
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
GRR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.