FMG 0.90% $20.14 fortescue ltd

'cause the man that owns the show runs the show, its that...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    'cause the man that owns the show runs the show, its that simple, you'll almost always get better service, commitment and business efficiencies when the man that owns the show runs the show.

Absolutely, but its not something that we ever see in print. The bosses of both BHP and RIO may be honourable men of integrity, drive and ambition, but they will always lack the skin-in-the-game incentive, and know that in a few years they will be elsewhere. Up to now that did not matter, but now they know that they can't afford a slip-up. Oh the embarrassment if they did.

FMG's drive and determination has been made stronger by all the obstacles, sarcastic and negative press, and all the people around who decried FMG early on, - but who now say they could run it better than the team.

I just see the whole situation through different eyes to many posters here, simply because I lived and breathed it in its early formative days. Also today on another front, I read today that Mick Davis, who ran Xstrata for ten years, is now out on his own, and is amassing a huge warchest of as much as $16bn. Successful people like him don't just retire and go away, so who knows? Xstrata bought Mt isa Mines in 2003. MIM was at one point Australia's largest company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.