FMG 0.93% $22.41 fortescue ltd

This may be the wrong thread but if I can just quickly raise the...

1. 713 Posts.
    This may be the wrong thread but if I can just quickly raise the issue of the so called forced reduction in iron ore prices due to the expansion by the big producers. This strategy is playing with fire. It is the Coles and Woolies of iron ore business model. The only trouble is as the good deposits get depleted and the production costs increase the big producers will price themselves out of the market and of course by then most of the smaller producers would either be under or bought by the Chinese. Let's face it, China is loving this. It is a win win for them. I think we should focus less on the tiny share price movement and think about whether we will even have an industry in the next decade. It is a zero sum game. The unfortunate thing is that the directors on the top know very little about production and more importantly why it will be more expensive as the dry plants disappear and the wet plants try to take over. When we are in the wet plant phase fully the Australian iron ore industry will be as profitable as Ford or Holden. And we all know how they are going to end up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.