FMG 0.96% $21.65 fortescue ltd

Iron Ore Price, page-1527

1. 3,062 Posts.
    blox couldnt help myself, all the major institutions run computer driven operations, plus there are private groups
    with enormous capital to support them . it involves powerful computers and algorithmic trading programs
    there are lots of physicists involved in the tech side of insto trading they write the programs, its continuos
    skimming small amounts endlessly,them there are other groups or even part of the same group who will short
    sell --really you need to do a considerable amount of research to learn more about what constitutes a market.

My personal library on share trading encompasses all the classics of investing,charting, analysis etc it cost
    about $5k however the new paradigm is electronic trading driven by economic activity and the reports plus media reporting, high end or so called sophisticated traders will do significant analysis of data to develop a strategy to reduce risk and still profit.

Its a business like any other but with enormous risk associated and of course costs,costs are probably the biggest driver of computer system (algo trading) its just not viable to have people employed to do the job.
    as electronic trading accessible to everyone with access to the web has changed the nature of trading, the days of Jesse Livermore and "bucket shops" are over Livermore exploited them using the telegraph line to get information before it became widespread knowledge those "bucket shops " that knew him would not accept a trade with him due to his unethical exploitation.

even the bucket shops died, so ethics while promoted and to an extent are governed by regulation in todays market are difficult to manage in the systematic world of algo trading, there are numerous quants who have refused to write programs because they consider it unethical-- so these are the markets you are dealing with.

i believe they are ethical but i do not agree with all the practices , and that is why we have regulation and market oversight and every so often someone is caught and today that can mean JAIL.

there rae regulations for boards and company directors regarding reporting, failure to do so can mean substantial fines or even jail-- so you have to accept markets do have oversight and are ethical bound by a regulatory framework which all of us find unacceptable at times.

i am of the firm belief FMG is worth more than the current sp. suggests and i equally believe it is in play
    by instos, along with BHP ,RIO etc--- the asx have a short sell list of officailly reported short selling its a daily list--have a look it will astound
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.65
Change
-0.210(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $66.59B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.71 $21.80 $21.53 $49.57M 2.289M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 3145 $21.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.65 1989 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.06pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.