FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

Iron Ore Price, page-1548

1. 1,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    ;-) no worries.

Hey, I'd love to be able to come up with an exact price based only on intrinsic value and fundamental analysis for any stock, but I can't.

I'm trying to work out myself what I think fair value for FMG is at present. (Beyond suspecting its very good value now as an investment because I think we're near or actually slightly past the bottom).

Recently, when I got interested in investing again after a long break, I noticed that some brokers were sometimes using specific share price levels at which they recommend their clients buy. Say BHP is a buy at $28 for instance. In one way that struck me as pretty ballsy in that it suggested they had some analytical system for choosing a particular exact tipping point price, but in another way I just thought unless I know how they derived their confidence in that particular price as being the tipping point I might as well regard it as just a guess.

We all know from experience that there are ways of valuing stuff that is better than pure ignorant guessing, obviously, but in the end its all about degrees of estimating, based on assumptions.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.