FMG 0.18% $21.90 fortescue ltd

Hi team, absolute corker of a day, great to see Elizabeth Gaines...

1. 187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Hi team,

absolute corker of a day, great to see Elizabeth Gaines continuing to understand the FMG  business very well and the global market, and apply her stamp.

I remember the time I thought FMG at $7.27 was going into high $7,s even double digits.  did not take profits (=$350k at the time ) and watched the share price go to $3.52, thinking it was a solid company and it would turn around soon, was stressful watching the falling knife, and nearly  go into margin calls etc.

A wise man told me that the stock market was a facility for the transfer of funds between the impatient to the patient. 

I agree with him in the majority of shares but with cyclical shares there is money to be made on the perception of how the stock is doing within the sector  - Fear and Greed was my main challenge, and being a statue does not help you pull the sell trigger. 

Dividends have helped pay a few debts which has been a bonus but nothing like sticking $180k in the bank after CGT.

I think circumstances are different this time around and am grateful for the large divi, with 130,000 shares, $39k in the pocket will be great, and franking credit a bonus on the tax front. 

I am keeping an eye on the next two weeks, any sign of a pullback greater than $.50 cents and I am out, once bitten twice shy.

thought sharing my experience may help people know how the SP  can turn pretty quick in the Iron Space.

I do think FMG have made a significantly positive statement today, but the men and women with billions can change this in a pull of a lever, and they do not give a stuff about the 130k share I own.

Wishing all of you on this thread the best success  really enjoy and enjoy your input, and am hoping ( don't like using this word), that FMG goes $10 plus pre June 30th 2019.

Kind regards
    MJAK 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.90
Change
0.040(0.18%)
Mkt cap ! $67.42B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.92 $22.11 $21.82 $224.3M 10.10M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 3932 $21.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.90 400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.