FMG 1.04% $20.35 fortescue ltd

Here is my take on the charts and reason for conversion to being...

1. 550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Here is my take on the charts and reason for conversion to being long this stock rather than short. The weekly below ... fmg week.PNG
    This is about a 7 year weekly chart but there was pretty clear bearish trend channel that FMG broke out of in Sept 2016. During the run to 7.00 earlier this year I suggested there would be a pullback to the (now) support line of the trend channel which I think has now been confirmed. It should see the recommencement of the uptrend IMO. I have drawn the support/prior resistance line through the most frequent price closes rather than the actual peaks but it turns out essentially the same.

On the daily .. fmg daily.PNG -- Head and Shoulders top with head at 7.20 and has not filled the measurement which happens to coincide with the return to the support line. Divergent RSI bottom which suggested change of direction and has been confirmed by break of the small consolidation channel yesterday though would have prefered to see a big spike in volume. I see this heading back to $6 short term but think it is probably continuation of the long term reversal.

jezza

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.35
Change
0.210(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $62.65B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.41 $20.76 $20.26 $183.4M 8.943M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2123 $20.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.36 4581 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.