FMG 2.15% $18.49 fortescue ltd

Brucutu back in the news This is breaking news......and massive...

1. 5,763 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1768
    Brucutu back in the news

This is breaking news......and massive news

“São Gonçalo do Rio City Hall reported that the suspension is estimated to last up to two months. "In this period, Brucutu will operate at about 40% of its capacity through wet processing with filtered and stacked tailings. The impact of the shutdown is around 1.5 million tonnes of iron ore per month," he said. the note.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/g1....le-em-mg-e-paralisada-e-entra-em-alerta.ghtml

Dam of Vale's largest mine in MG is paralyzed and alert
    Operations at the Laranjeiras Dam, in São Gonçalo do Rio Baixo, had already been suspended by the courts this year.
    By Thais Pimentel, G1 Minas - Belo Horizonte

12/02/2019 5:37 PM Updated 3 minutes ago

Laranjeiras Dam, in São Gonçalo do Rio Baixo, in the Central Region of Minas Gerais, had its operations halted and entered emergency level 1. The structure is part of the Brucutu Mine complex, which belongs to Vale. It is the largest mining company in Minas Gerais.

According to the mining company, geotechnical assessments are being made at the dam and therefore the shutdown has been determined. The emergency protocol has been upgraded to level 1, which does not require the removal of residents from hazardous areas or the sounding of sirens. Level 1 means readiness, indicating adverse situation in the structure and controllable by the company.

Vale did not say what would be the problems that caused the discarding of tailings at the Laranjeiras Dam.

The mine represents 9% of the mining company's national production. According to Vale, the wet operation is the one that uses water in the iron ore processing and, consequently, generates waste that is disposed in a dam.

The Laranjeiras Dam had been paralyzed by the courts in February along with seven others following a public civil action filed by the Public Prosecution Service, which runs in secret. The mining company had managed to return to operation, but was suspended again on May 6.

In June, the São Gonçalo do Rio Baixo City Hall alleged to the Superior Court of Justice that the shutdown of any structure that makes it impossible to operate the mine directly affects the city's economy and Vale has the right to resume activities.

São Gonçalo do Rio City Hall reported that the suspension is estimated to last up to two months. "In this period, Brucutu will operate at about 40% of its capacity through wet processing with filtered and stacked tailings. The impact of the shutdown is around 1.5 million tonnes of iron ore per month," he said. the note.

The city asked Vale's board for a diagnosis with more information about the dam.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.49
Change
0.390(2.15%)
Mkt cap ! $56.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.32 $18.62 $17.94 $159.1M 8.651M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 150 $18.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.50 4305 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.