FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-20168

1. 36 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Thanks Lightman1, appreciate the information and opinion. Thankyou for your valuation, excellent work.

@jb206 you may say guesses but the Australian epidemic has already been 'simulated' in several countries, and the intention of the government to 'flatten the curve' has already been announced. The aim is clearly for a 4-6 month shutdown, because this is what is required to allow the health system to cope to some degree. Similarly, I doubt our government will do anything other than 'cherry-pick' policies tried elsewhere - they are already promoting social distancing, which will eventually progress to preventing increasingly small groups associating and closing more workplaces as required.
    You also assume that governments will determine whether or not mines shut or not; it may well be the workers that decide. Or as FMG values the 'health and safety of its workforce' they may decide itself to close the site (it is interesting that Vale has already signalled this possibility). When people fully understand what reverse-triage means in our hospitals the government will have bigger problems than balancing the budget.
    So I would prefer to say that I have made a series of deductions based on current information, although others might make better deductions.
    But I agree that FMG will emerge on the other side a successful company. It just might be cheaper in the near term.
    I would be interested in anyones opinion about international steel demand in the coming months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.