FMG 2.35% $22.62 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-24934

1. 3,608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1586
    I predict half yearly divvy to be around $1.2 which grossed up with 100% franking to be around $1.71. On a SP of $16.55 this is a little over 10% yield for half year.

If these prices above $100 usd for 62% continue and the AuD remains stable, I can see us easily doubling this amount perhaps higher. That could mean a 20% yield for the full year or a grossed up yield of ~ $3.4

A lot has to go right for that to happen - the price of IO needs to remain stable and not decrease more than 15% on average to June 30 2021. The Aud can't increase by more than 5% which I think is reasonable also.
    FMG also need to pay out at the top of its range which i think is also reasonable. Finally these figures are based on today's SP which I hope will increase by at least $5 from today's price.

lots of assumptions here - but I think all are fairly reasonable. The price of the IO is the big on and I think it has upside given vaccinations are very likely in the next 6 months.
    With the Europe move back to lockdown & a new Biden president - I think it will place even more pressure of these countries to rebuild infrastructure to get people back to work & this will put a pressure on IO as steel demand goes up.

Typically BHP & RIO all pay out much less and they are more diversified. So I wonder how much they will be effected by some of the China bans, copper concentrate is produced by both Rio & BHP and is being targeted by China as a banned product. Surely this will effect them.

Copper though will find a market else where as it is a very important industrial metal and likely to kick with the likely post CV infrastructure boom across the world.

just my 2 cents

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.62
Change
0.520(2.35%)
Mkt cap ! $68.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.41 $22.63 $22.22 $38.69M 1.724M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 6416 $22.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.62 6451 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.36pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.