FMG 1.04% $17.16 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-2549

1. 1,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 623
    So all in opinion:
    What will AGOs SP do now that it's net debt free, having a PE ratio of 1.5-2, producing healthy profits, and JVed in Lithium no doubt providing exciting upside to a company which survived the doom and gloom of a multiyear bear market which collapsed on the canvass in April 2016. My call is from 7c to 10c by Feb next year. 7c for the IO profits alone and the fact it will probably have no debt by Feb next year. 10c for positive drilling results at Mt Fransisco. Well deserved to have again a MC of up to 1 billion + in the near future.

FMGs IO costs are lower than the 'other majors' and a market leader in my eyes of how it's done to lower costs so it will have no issue profiting in the IO market and using those profits to reward shareholders handsomely and provide further opportunities to JV and diversify into other 'in demand' commodities. FMGers are jumping for joy. Those who didn't purchase FMG in early 2016 must be kicking themselves.

I read BHP is looking to exit its underperforming Oil and Gas assets. Great move in exiting as I'm not a fan of combustion engines. So last century technology... I hear Europe is not a fan either hence why big traditional car makers are tripping over themselves to play catch-up into electric and alternate transportation methods or lose significant market share to the likes of Tesla and other manufacturers. (When) BHP do find a buyer for its Oil and Gas assets as clean energy and Lithium demand increases to meet global demand, what will they do with the funds and how will their shareholders be rewarded. To me it seems the big heavy hitters are trying to adjust and perhaps become a little more agile in these ever changing technological driven global markets. China is rebuilding a modern infrastructure, so is India (only getting started), south east ASIA and US intends to (Once they get their stuff together and start rebuilding a better America). Great for IO and other future in-demand commodities.

It seems the likes of AGO, BCI and potentially FMG could show the market how to quickly adapt to changing market demand, diversify and become more agile. I'm glad I'm holding these companies in a good position (accumulated at lows) to reap the rewards of inevitable upside. I'm glad I sold out of BHP and Rio years ago. Those blue chip shareholders must be just as frustrated as the rest of the commodity IO market investors was during the end of the LT multiyear bear cycle in 2016. Yes, their share prices didn't fall as much as FMG, AGO and BCI during bad times which certainly protects portfolio position but how quickly will paper losses be recovered for many holders of Blue Chip miners such as BHP and RIO (who purchased between 2010 and 2014) and accumulated recently compared to the upside of AGO, BCI and FMG where investors accumulated at lows also.

In summary, as US investment money rebalances from being under-exposed in commodities (still living in 2014/2015s commodity bear market time warp unravelling overly bearish IO forecasts) into commodities riding the upside, those who have accumulated at lows over the last 2 years will do very well. Those who hold companies which can be agile, miners having little to no debt and those companies who quickly position themselves into in-demand commodities for the future. I think of the likes of FMG, AGO and BCI.

Gindaldan, I see you hold BHP and RIO but not FMG. That's a shame. Good luck holding those blue chips and hope you profit out of them while you receive divis. Happy with my FMG divi and more so happy with the current FMG multibagger and only getting started.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.16
Change
-0.180(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $53.11B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.25 $17.30 $17.10 $31.56M 1.833M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1090 $17.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.17 3031 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.42am 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.