FMG 1.56% $18.27 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-2732

1. 1,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    no worries mate, great to chat

I think its probably worth me clarifying something. Im not specifically saying that selling puts makes someone better off than the long game investor.

what I guess I am saying is in my own personal investing experience I feel the option is far better for me.
    There are several reasons that I have listed in previous posts a while ago which mainly relate to more lifestyle choices and locking in profits on a monthly basis as in my view cash flow is king.

Im curious how long term stock buyers of Telstra are going at the minute, one of the traditionally best bluechip stocks on the market, I personally feel for them at the moment.
    Does the thesis of, getting the dividend, getting the CGT discount, trying to sell covered calls on it after a fall from 5.60 to now some 3.50 when they have lost some 40% of their capital, stacks up.

like I said we can discuss several investment thesis until the cows come home, I think the important thing is to just do what suits someone and what suits their specific situation. Personally for a pretty simple person like me selling options is a fairly simplistic and effective strategy.

who knows perhaps one day I may even look at putting say 50-100k towards options buying or even say 200k to a long term FMG position, I certainly wont rule them out, however at the minute im very happy with my strategy, the way I look at it I guess, is that if isn't broke why fix it.

goog luck with your trading mate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.27
Change
-0.290(1.56%)
Mkt cap ! $56.25B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.70 $18.72 $18.21 $313.4M 17.09M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 45418 $18.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.30 1200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.