FMG 3.61% $20.10 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-29883

1. 582 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 108
    Being a long time FMG holder I have seen this pattern before. It tends to feel like the price is being suppressed for whatever reason, but eventually it does bounce back to the "fair value", often quite dramatically.
    I've been accumulating everyday and while it's annoying that we don't see the true value of Fortescue being reflected in the current share price, it's great bargain-time shopping

The *only* thing which I can see being a legitimate factor in the share price drop is the news that China is ramping up preparations for their infrastructure works in Guinea and they seem determined to hit the 2025 date "https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Markets/Commodities/China-determined-to-build-iron-ore-hub-in-Africa-as-Australia-goes-Quad"

I know it's wishful thinking that eventually there will not be new supply on the market, or even if China keeps the iron ore price the same, but sources it from Africa instead of Australia. I am sure this is what Twiggy is thinking when he is looking to develop other revenue streams for FMG.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.