FMG 1.48% $19.15 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-31602

1. 770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 694
    Yes, I hear you Greatone,

My point was, ( and probably badly made) that some miners like MIN are greatly expanding production for IO. There is no sign of restricting supply that I can see. On the contrary, there seems to be a very bullish attitude from some other miners that this iron ore boom is going to continue for a while yet. My example of Mineral Resources (5th biggest iron ore producer in Oz ) have a cost of production of approx USD$70 per WMT CFR compared to FMG approx USD$13 WMT (happy to be corrected). Despite the big differences in COP MIN is still confident enough to put in the dollars and pretty much double output. This is on top of Vale etc.., coming back online once covid resolves to some degree.

How much iron ore can the system absorb without affecting the price ? How much will it effect the price ? When will it happen ? Effect on SP ? Is China stockpiling like they used to ...... creating the boom and bust cycles we have seen before ?

These are the questions that confound me .......Mr market doesn't seem concerned at this stage....... and again I use the eg. of MIN although they are more diversified, the diversification is counter- balanced to some degree by their higher COP . Their SP is booming on the back of IO and mining services .....(just re-starting lithium) . So not sure why FMG SP is being held back. It is clearly not on the back of debt levels if they can afford the much touted future dividend of approx $2.50 and Mr Market seem to be confident the IO boom will continue for some time yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.15
Change
0.280(1.48%)
Mkt cap ! $58.90B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.38 $19.38 $19.01 $64.29M 3.341M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 4569 $19.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.15 781 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.59am 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.