FMG 1.75% $18.63 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-3183

1. 15,173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 825
    Is it not amazing how the so called pundits were calling iron ore a bull market a couple of months ago and putting a strong conviction buy on FMG after a strong upswing, now after a ST retracement they are now bearish. Hindsight on price action is a wonderful thing.

Just goes to show that they really don't have a clue and are reactive with their views dependent on which way the wind is blowing. They also like to frame everything. I have no doubt these blanket headlines will change and then another set of blanket headlines will be published.

Perhaps, this is what Buffett was referring to when he said buy when people are fearful and sell when people are greedy. See a lot of fear so great buying opportunity.

The other thing which rely annoys me, do these so called pundits really think that steel/iron is going to be a popular commodity in the 1st half of 2017 and completely obselete in the 2nd half of 2017- if so what is going to replace steel, are they going to start build skyscrapers, airports etc out of clay or toothpicks?

China is a massive economy and still needs to grow and increase their infrastructure dramatically for the size of its population- they know this and they will have massive infrastructure projects for the next 7 -10 years.

I still believe that Trump is going to go for the title of biggest infrastructure president in the history of America, even if he comes close, this will be good for commodities.

India is still behind the eight ball, they will need to pull the trigger and really increase their infrastructure, currently increasing but still coming off a very low base.

Fmg is paying down debt and is looking very health in respect of free cash flow and overall gearing. Perhaps another cornerstone investor/or another big purchase by some major shareholders will jump on board which will decrease liquidity but will stabilise the Sp for more consistent growth.

Many on HC has become so focused on FMG on a maximum trading/investment horizon of 3 months and then apply this theory to the genuine long term investors. I'm not interested in the Sp in 3 months, I'm interested what the SP will be in 2020- so if anyone has views on that please share.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.63
Change
0.320(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $57.36B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.48 $18.77 $18.35 $132.7M 7.156M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 26 $18.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.64 7889 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.