FMG 1.86% $19.54 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-31891

1. 2,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3255
    Yes you played your cards well. I had the option of buying 2.2m APT shares in March 2020 for around $9 but I could not bring my self to go all in again on another stock and hope I had the same luck as my previous investment. Being mature age and living off my investments and having dependents it would not of been a wise thing to do but I regret the returns I would of made in very short order. I used those funds to invest into 18 diversified blue chips going for 10 year lows and very happy with the performance and dividend returns from each and one of them since then.

Nevertheless once you make some serious returns on the stock market and you have reached the age that you would find it hard to re enter the work force its prudent to prioritize preservation over accumulation.

Added my last 10k FMG parcel to bring our total holdings up to 720k shares, a number that Elon Musk would be familiar with wink.png. I am sure the next few years dividends are going to be spectacular but I intend to use whats left over after new house build and investment property redevelopment to redeploy those funds into other stocks. I dont know what number you are happy to say thats enough for one lifetime and for the kids inheritance but I have mine. Its money for jam and eventually when the IO price comes back to reality the dividends paid and the returns thereafter would still beat any current dividend play on the ASX that I can see.

Buying at today's prices is a no brainer to us LTH and if Andrew Forest is continuing to poor $100's of millions more into it he must have a better handle on the future outlook of FFI and whats its going to bring to the table down the track.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.