FMG 0.64% $18.99 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-32995

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    ScoMo is to discuss trade with Boris and there are whispers in G7 news reports that ScoMo will try to pave the way for greater trade between G7 member countries and the extended membership of India and South Korea. I heard a snippet this morning that alliance members are happy to increase trade with Aus. Discussions, no doubt, IMO will include IO and increased infrastructure developments to boost G7 economies, all of which have suffered through the pandemic. This will take the heat out of China-Aus trade tariff incursions and may end up IMO seeing China tip-prune its politico-economic nose to spite its face.

If Ausie exports of tariff stricken commodities to G7 members and the extended alliances increase and forge ahead as new agreements are struck, then it's unlikely Australia will return to the same export levels with China.

The Fin Review has several continually updated feeds which report that alliance members are fed up with China's belligerent attitude including this link:
    https://www.copyright link/policy/foreign-affairs/the-message-from-the-g7-is-that-the-west-has-its-limits-with-china-20210613-p580ln

There's a Fin Rvw report of 7 June that states economists believe recent, lower export quantities into China are a result of other factors - not only trade tensions and the IO price. Article attached: FIN REVIEW Iron ore export bonanza defies China tensions 07June21.pdf

In any case I'm sure Twiggy is, as usual, ahead of the game and has strategies for the what-if scenarios to protect FMG and IO exports.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.99
Change
0.120(0.64%)
Mkt cap ! $58.46B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.38 $19.38 $18.91 $211.5M 11.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 130 $18.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.00 130177 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.