FMG 0.06% $16.12 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-33003

1. 2,905 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    Zendi
    Typo there but i would think given the context it should be self evident it should read sustained prices at 200
    iam not offended but do think you need to think a little broader .The world is a fast changing and dynamic place
    I may have a better insight than you think on this
    for example the first 3 examples you give i can give you alternatives at advanced development stage now without bothering to look anything up
    A Planes will there be any need for any iron.?? Israel is already producing 3D printed aluminium electric aeroplanes The technology for scandium alloys and their incredible strength is already available- Manchester is advanced in this field but there will be other places
    B Auto-Musk has already said his manufacturing process lends itself to aluminium bodies A vey high steel price with no relief in sight may be the trigger to get the execution here right.
    C Construction there are numerous substitutes under development ,some of which have already found niche market positions Eg poltruded FRP would be used where corrosion or electric hazards are too high.The higher the price of steel the more the people who produce them (whoever they are?)will find niches and the better they will get and the more competitive they become
    D Thousands of other uses =thousands of different substitutes being looked at
    At the other side of the equation there will be plenty people relooking at old deposits and potential deposits .Sweden for eg is because I know a perth born and educated geo involved
    Non of this will happen overnight but when neccesity is driving it it can be suprisingly quick eg the demise of nickel or the well known takeover of New York horses by the motor car
    Not being negative and would still buy more if i could but do think you need to be realistic and aware as well

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.12
Change
-0.010(0.06%)
Mkt cap ! $49.63B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.30 $16.35 $16.00 $142.8M 8.831M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 18592 $16.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.14 3138 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.