FMG 1.75% $17.49 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-34489

1. 8,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 283

Investors should cast their minds back to April and May when many analysts and so called financial media experts were publishing articles on Iron Ore suggesting prices would "plummet by end of year", "peak ore had arrived", "China were going to start replacing Australian Iron Ore with scrap metal", "Vale would ramp up production creating an over supply", "US navy would turn around Iron Ore vessels leaving Port Hedland bound for China" and my favourite from the Financial Review "by 2025 China would be sourcing their Iron Ore from Russia, Myanmar, Kazakhstan and Mongolia eliminating it's need for Australian Iron Ore".

The last month or so those articles have mostly disappeared to be replaced with updated forecasts predicting Iron Ore to be above US$120 -$150 a ton the next few years. The average investor needs to question whether those negative articles were just errors, stupidity or deliberate deception in an attempt to put downward pressure on share prices of FMG, BHP, RIO.

In my signature at the bottom I have the prices of FMG, BHP and RIO from May 28 when the fear peddling was being published, now two months later anyone that would have invested in those three IO miners on that day have seen their investments increase 18% for FMG, 10% for BHP and 9% for RIO. Those increases may continue to rise during August and beyond based on current supply v's demand fundamentals for IO, no guarantees of course with the current state of the world but steel production and associated profits are looking bullish.

Ultimately things are not always as they appear especially with large financial entities, analysts and particularly the financial media.

Thankyou to those here that post accurate and informative information on this forum, congrats to investors.

July 29, 2021 FMG - $26.30, BHP - $53.33, RIO - $134.17
    Last edited by street professor: 29/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.49
Change
0.300(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $53.85B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.34 $17.56 $17.13 $141.9M 8.137M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 286 $17.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.49 26714 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.