FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

Last year was a shocker for Vale, with two guidance reductions,...

1. 3,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 743
    Last year was a shocker for Vale, with two guidance reductions, and a lower y-o-y run rate (302 Mt) than 2019 (the year the dam at Brumadinho burst). Vale is Brazil's key producer, dominating Brazilian shipments. This year was looking slightly better for Brazil overall- until July.

Brazil's iron ore exports down 7% y-o-y in Jul'21 on lower shipments

Brazil, the world’s second-largest iron ore exporter, recorded a 7% y-o-y fall in its iron ore and pellets export volumes in Jul’21. The volumes stood...

Fines/Lumps
    By
    78 Reads
    4 Aug 2021, 19:07 IST
    Brazil's iron ore exports down 7% y-o-y in Jul'21 on lower shipments
    facebook sharing button
    twitter sharing button
    email sharing button
    whatsapp sharing button
    linkedin sharing button

Brazil, the world's second-largest iron ore exporter, recorded a 7% y-o-y fall in its iron ore and
    pellets export volumes in Jul'21. The volumes stood at 31.7 million tonnes (mn t) in the month
    under consideration as against 34 mn t in Jul'20, according to trade statistics released by Brazil
    customs.

On a monthly basis, exports decreased by 6% compared to 33.68 mn t in Jun'21.

According to data published by the country's economy ministry, exports dropped on lower overall
    shipments and less number of working days in the month. There were 22 working days in Jul'21
    compared to 23 in 2020, making the contraction more severe.

Also, iron ore imports from China are expected to see a drop in the coming months due to the
    rainy season and weakening steel margins coupled with possible steel output curbs in H2CY'21.

Iron ore export prices pick up in Jul'21: As per data published by the ministry, prices of iron
    ore reached an all-time high this year. The average price of iron ore exported from Brazil in
    Jul'21 rose to $158.8/tonne (t), FoB Brazil on a monthly basis as against $153.6/t in Jun'21.
    On a yearly basis, the average price of iron ore increased significantly as compared to the Jul'20
    price of $70.5/t, FoB Brazil.

Vale SA, the second-largest iron ore producer in the world at present, revised down its guidance
    for end-2021 production capacity to 343 mn t/annum from 350 mn t announced previously. During
    a call with analysts on 29 Jul'21, the company declared that the issues that are hindering
    production are licensing problems at the Sistema Norte and Mutuca assets in Brazil as well
    as temporary restrictions on the disposal of mining waste at the Itabira mine. However, the miner
    has kept its 2021 production guidance of 315-335 mn t unchanged.

The miner recorded total iron ore fines production at 75.7 mn t in Q2CY'21, up 11% as against
    68 mn t in Q1CY'21. Production picked up due to several reasons. These include higher volumes
    from its Brucutu mine coupled with the increase in high-silica sinter feed production, improvement
    in weather-related conditions in Serra Norte, a strong performance from the Serra Leste mine,
    higher productivity from the Itabira Complex and wet processing production at the Fabrica mine.

https://www.steelmint.com/insights/brazils-iron-ore-exports-down-7-y-o-y-in-jul21-on-lower-shipments-236733

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.