FMG 0.45% $22.10 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-35086

1. 1 Posts.
    okay so... increase in building from government incentives = increase in demand for steel = increase in fabrication of steel = increase in the price of iron.

China is limiting the steel fabrication component and at the same time trying to increase the economic activity through construction (i.e increasing the demand for steel).

My prediction would be the price of manufactured steel will go through the roof over the next year, and if China don't want to produce steel, then other markets will do it for them and send it everywhere in the world that requires it. which will mean that the IO price will stay as is or creep up slowly.

tbh, if I were in the calling the shots in China and was trying to harm the Australian economy I'd have the same strategy for the short to medium term until Brazil and others start ramping up production; then make it an open market again. That way they could potentially 'flatten the curve' of the IO price in the next coming years and do minor damage to aus.

all IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.10
Change
0.100(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $68.04B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.99 $22.22 $21.87 $84.79M 3.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9803 $22.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.11 10620 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.