FMG 5.04% $17.50 fortescue ltd

@copperroad. I can see from the number of thumbs up you have...

1. 908 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    @copperroad. I can see from the number of thumbs up you have received that a number of people support your view. Most unfortunate. Computer algorithms or "bots" are responsible for both upward & downward SP movements. Do people complain when bots push the SP up? I think not. Bots are continually hunting for profitable price movement opportunities within the ASX and have a very short term perspective. The operate within the "froth" of the ASX and will play with a company's SP to extract high volume low margin profit.. Companies with strong growth fundamentals (eg A2M, LYC, GXY to name a few) experience SP growth because they have substantial intrinsic value NOT because bots are playing. Their SP will trend upwards with the bots accounting for some of the SP volatility on the way up. The same story applies in reverse to companies with poor fundamentals and whose SP is trending downwards.
    So if you are a long term investor in ASX companies (whether going long or short as they are both investment strategies) bots are just background noise to be screened out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.50
Change
0.840(5.04%)
Mkt cap ! $53.88B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.89 $17.74 $16.84 $346.2M 19.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5870 $17.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.50 12148 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.