FMG 0.49% $18.40 fortescue ltd

Politics may be able to drive the price of iron ore down...

1. 1,640 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 427
    Politics may be able to drive the price of iron ore down temporarily but over the longer time frame steel is still needed and economies still need to stimulate. Steel production can also shift to places with less political influence where business is wanted and encouraged. If you constrain the supply of steel now, with the same demand, won’t that just cause even greater spikes iron ore down the track when supply of steel eventually dies catch up to demand? So, your undersupply of fe demand today should be offset by an overshoot of demand tomorrow?

I wound be interested to hear an economists take on this. If I recall correctly from my uni days, politics can distort the timing of supply demand forces but not the supply demand forces themselves. In the sane way, excessive money printing will lead to a loss of purchasing power and a lower exchange rate but have no real effect on real gdp or employment.

not providing financial advice. Just thinking out loud. Do your own research, etc etc…

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.40
Change
-0.090(0.49%)
Mkt cap ! $57.17B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.46 $18.61 $18.28 $46.67M 2.528M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 19782 $18.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.41 2834 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.