FMG 0.32% $21.86 fortescue ltd

yeah I'm hearing ya. Got my eyes wide open on the Brisbane...

1. 3,600 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1581
    yeah I'm hearing ya. Got my eyes wide open on the Brisbane scene at the moment. I've got to win my wife over who is about 70% there. I think that once lock down is done we should be on a plane to look at properties

I love Melb. Live close to town & work on Collins St. I'm a member at Essendon FC, a member of the MCC love the AFL, have heaps of family & friends here. I'm networked here.

But the cost of housing here is not reasonable, or tenable.
    I'm a lucky one, I've got a great net position, 3 properties and a great family paye income / a wife who will return to work as a senior associate Corp lawyer at Allen's on a great wicket also.
    We have a substantial passive income as well.

We can "afford" to buy an eastern suburbs $2.5m home here in Melb. But i just can't justify it. I see it as wasted capital.

The argument I put to my wife is simple. For every $200k
    extra in house cost she needs to work another day a week - likely for the next ten years. She earns very good coin also.
    I work full time and do the shares & other investments as a 2nd biz. I can do anywhere with good internet.

It doesn't make sense to remain in Melb financially or lifestyle wise and my wife would prefer to work less to raise the squirts. I value this time more with kids more than money.
    Money will come and go but the time lost will never be reproduced.

I hope I can win this argument and move to Brissy.
    If we do this, we will honestly be able to retire 5 - 10 yrs earlier if we did. this. it would free up $500k in capital for invest into FMG and other quality equities.

that's my position.

cheers Zen

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.86
Change
0.070(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $67.30B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.95 $22.35 $21.71 $192.6M 8.766M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 705 $21.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.88 1359 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.