FMG 1.26% $18.75 fortescue ltd

If it's any comfort remember the dalian that is being quoted is...

1. 96 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    If it's any comfort remember the dalian that is being quoted is Jan 2018 in the depths of winter. It is logical for there to be over supply with reduction in sintering up until this month, If I was a trader I too would be selling out. I never found looking ahead to future months was any use with dalian as they always move in lock step with current trading/sentiment and had little predictive value. The next month with volume to keep an eye on is May 2018, it is sitting at higher levels maybe someone could overlay charts?

It makes sense to use a portion of 58% with this much discount when full sintering returns and mill bans lifted. there will also be less competing ore such as from Goa India. I think what will happen however will be that this banning will now be an expectation every winter from now after visiting family relatives in Tangshan in winter two years ago that would be my expectation! so I am assuming here that we may find mills ramping up much more in late summer months to get more stockpiling of steel products.

As an extra note, looking years ahead now is anyone keeping an eye on rios %62 reserves? why was sam Walsh always so cocky? got a couple of years there but would be interesting to see what happens as that's a big chunk of 62% fines market. more blending 65% and 58% anyone? With Vale having mega reserves. there will always be 'demand' there for 58% we must be competitive in that space but yes at this moment it is in a big lull. If magnitite picks up that will basically be another mining boom as super capital intensive. bring it on S.A.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.