FMG 1.10% $19.76 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-41809

1. 3,635 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1612
    My bet is he is in Oz but has a penchant for following the DJ & OS markets. Therefore he is awake odd hours. Or perhaps like me he has young babies that require intervention at all hours of the night. I have been guilty of the 1am post having just finished work or changing a nappy at that time ...

I think that he is likely Scotty Fool or David hyphen Smith from Mac Biz. Both share a common bias against FMG and the broader IO market at large. However they both seem to have a particularly animosity toward FMG. They are very active when negative media about either topic hit the headline but notably silent when positive news flows through.

The DCE and SGX have taken a few sides steps and even a backward step today. But the price is now floating around the $110usd whilst the Aud is around the $0.71

Any talk of the US Fed holding fire will hit the Aud for breakfast & so up go our profit margins....as does the broader markets appetite for risk! Nothing like cheap debt to fuel the market!

Is it any wonder we have appreciated from lows of high $13's to ~$18.24 ( over 31% in what four weeks?). Really we should never have hit those low levels. Did people suddenly forget that we are in a commodities boom? Or did they simply fail to grasp how stupid the Chinese market interference was going to hurt themselves more than us? China has a lot of shit quality iron ore. It requires extensive processing to bring it up to standard and costs about $100usd a tonne to mine....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.76
Change
-0.220(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $60.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.66 $19.80 $19.20 $191.1M 9.763M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 4673 $19.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.76 31740 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.