FMG 3.61% $20.10 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-42731

1. 57 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25

GreenSpiel

Welcome to the January edition of the latest Fortescue Future Industries news.

13 January 2022

The more you know

We're planning to turn fossil fuel emitters into zero carbon green hydrogen producers worldwide

Green hydrogen can provide a huge range of advantages to local and export economies. There is no question - it is the answer our planet needs now

Over the past month alone, we've announced an investigation into producing green hydrogen at a retiring coal fired power station in Australia, progressed to the next stage of converting a grey ammonia plant to green, and most recently kicked off studies at Marsden Point oil refinery in New Zealand.

Green hydrogen production will potentially deliver energy security, good local jobs, and the decarbonisation of local heavy industry – all while reducing carbon emissions.

We're looking into repurposing parts of a New Zealand oil refinery

FFI and Refinery NZ (RNZ) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to study the commercial and technical feasibility of producing, storing, distributing, and exporting industrial-scale green hydrogen and green hydrogen products from the decommissioned RNZ site, as it transitions to an import-only fuel terminal.

FFI and AGL Energy aim to repurpose coal-fired power plant sites to generate green hydrogen

FFI and AGL Energy have agreed to undertake a feasibility study to repurpose infrastructure at the Hunter Valley’s Liddell and Bayswater coal-fired power stations to generate green hydrogen from water, using renewable energy.

Latest news

We've designed and built our own electrolyser

A small team from our manufacturing arm developed the innovative electrolyser in our Western Australia facility, producing industrial grade hydrogen for the first time last month.

We signed a Cooperation Agreement with the North Kalimantan Provincial Government of the Republic of Indonesia

The Agreement enables FFI to explore and study the potential for renewable energy and green hydrogen projects. This is a step towards fulfilling the MoU between FFI and the Provincial Government, signed in July of last year.

First milestone reached for FFI and Incitec Pivot’s collaboration in Queensland

We've completed initial studies to convert IPL’s Gibson Island ammonia-production facility to run on zero carbon green hydrogen, instead of fossil fuel gas.

They are really getting traction on so many projects now. I'll put my money where my mouth is and say that we hit $30 by mid year if the IOP at least stays in the $120 range.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.