FMG 2.82% $20.02 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-44583

1. 3,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1612
    I don't think so Convexity

The CCP is showing less and less concern for western capital. Capital flight is a risk but that risk is dwarfed by not serving the peoples interest in providing opportunities and prosperity to average Chinese.

The CCP has not been overally concerned about foreign bond holders re Evergreen. Nor has it exactly placated big end of town recently.

This argument whilst understandable within a western capitalist framework makes sense, but is almost totally irrelevant for China.

it isn't tricky at all, the CCP serves its own interests. It's key interests is to stay in power. This is achieved via providing something to the average punter lest they rise up and throw. them out.

I would also question the need for foreign capital in China, they are net investors globally, not the other way around.

The other positive for them is that lower interest rates mean lower CNY and in doing so the exports become more competitive.

Overall I am firmly in the other camp. They need to ramp up the economy, not slow it down.... totally different from the rest of the world

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.02
Change
0.550(2.82%)
Mkt cap ! $61.64B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.72 $20.47 $19.51 $210.5M 10.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 74300 $20.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.03 100000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.