FMG 1.47% $17.26 fortescue ltd

Great point Convexity, third parties outside of Aust have been...

1. 3,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1593
    Great point Convexity, third parties outside of Aust have been selling Aust coal into China at a higher clip since the irrational Sino Aust coal embargo. Last year the Chinese didn't even have enough coal to warm itself through the winter. That is a wonderful example of Chinese failure to understand the market and trying to manipulate it for its own ends

Taking your argument one step further about the Jrn's not being able to attract capital, what about the big boys when trying to replace the existing assets that are in decline.

You can try to mandate a wholesale price across the market and the market simply won't produce or the availability will decline.

Why should we be subjugated to CCP?

As a shareholder I would prefer we double our FFI & green steel investments to ensure this comes on line faster.

The market will define the outcome and China just doesn't get that.

Without incentive or big enough incentive we won't export to them.

The current situation is only temporary, over time Xi will accept that China can't have COVID zero. The rest of us who have lived through much higher rates will also know you can still make great money with good companies.

The Dallian is already above 760 now after dropping to 720's. The price will remain rocky for a while yet.

But we are still making great coin and the low Aus dollar is buffering the falls to some extent.

Glad I picked up cheap airfares and accommodation here in Palm Cove. Thanks for the amusement queen guru
    Last edited by zendiceman: 21/06/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.