FMG 2.63% $21.82 fortescue ltd

I (him/he){no aliases} when did I say it would go back to $8? Of...

1. 3,019 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 928
    I (him/he){no aliases} when did I say it would go back to $8? Of course we will go back to $8 if iron ore prices drop back to $55 like the fat piggy says, But i've said before and still believe the IO price will sit around the $100 mark due to the cost curve. (unless china collapses)

IO is plentiful and super easy to get out of the ground, look at what Twiggy said about **on, we literally just need a few front loaders and dump it on trucks & existing railways. C1 costs will be huge compared to the Pilbara due to small scale & lake of automation, but if IO prices stay above $150/t then heaps of small mines open up.
    IMO we have limited growth for profit in Iron ore, maybe 10-20% per annum, most future growth will be from hydrogen, ammonia, elctricity etc.
    (battery minerals will add to the bottom line, but not even come close to iron ore)

"Problem with your silly chart for IO is it only goes up to 2019 which would blow your chart apart.IO went up to $240US/T last year due to very high demand higher than any other year which is why it got so high and stayed"
    As convexity correctly said, thats not a price chart... tongue.png

some good graphs here: https://worldsteel.org/steel-topics/statistics/world-steel-in-figures-2022/

"PLS gives us the real charts on expected sale volumes and volumes so faras does the mining sector and they do not match your graphs at all."
    Literally the first result in google, i didnt search hard. Anyways its a forward projection to 2030, no one can correctly guess the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.82
Change
-0.590(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $67.18B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.18 $22.19 $21.80 $110.2M 5.031M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 11208 $21.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.82 8653 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.