FMG 1.20% $21.41 fortescue ltd

My reasons to be cheerful: The signs are good on...

1. 359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    My reasons to be cheerful:

The signs are good on inflation/interest rates, and that could help the market overall.

The Gaza conflict hasn't caused the chaos of previous conflagrations, and possibly this is because enough global players have positioned themselves to carry on with business as usual, no matter how many babies die over there. I had a vague notion that this is why Hamas felt the need to turn on such a show of shock and awe, knowing that their old tactics haven't had the desired effect. Putin's Ukraine distractions also reduce the moral and probably material support for this sort of activity, so even the Oct 7 shock and awe hasn't worked.

China is not going to give up on its state-controlled campaign for economic glory as it dreams of being number one with its weird egomania, not that we should be so smug because fact-free nationalism is a thing all over the world.

I would love to be convinced about green energy, but my expectation for hydrogen is that it will take too long. We need technology that exists now, although government policy on emissions targets is heavily dependant on science fiction, so maybe there are incentives to be had until reality starts to hit home and fantasy is displaced.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.41
Change
-0.260(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $65.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.52 $21.67 $21.30 $150.5M 7.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 93 $21.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.41 12657 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.