FMG 10.2% $18.28 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-51603

1. 37,597 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    Hi @convexity

I am not a bull or bear, but I really get your opening paragraph this morning.

I play the DJPIN comp here on HC every night where you have to predict the overnight closing price on the DOW the next morning … last night I waited for the US CPI report, saw the hotter than anticipated inflation, reasoned we were now a long way off the Fed “seeing a sustainable trend to the target 2%” and figured the market would swing to that view during the session … so pinned small negative.

The rest of this post is copied from one I made on the DJPIN thread this morning lol.

cheers
    Dex

Timing as to when rate cuts might start is so so yesterday …

[[[[[ Investors have gotten comfortable with the notion that it's not about when the Fed will lower rates but rather by how much, and a delay - whether it happens in May like many were initially hoping or in September - ultimately doesn't matter" - Oliver Pursche, senior vice president and advisor for Wealthspire Advisors (per Reuters) ]]]]]

Now it apparently only matters by how much they are cut.So, the next market moving investor shock will come with emerging realisation there will quite possibly be no rate cuts in 2024 imo … which kinda then swings back to timing, doesn’t it … doh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.28
Change
-2.070(10.2%)
Mkt cap ! $56.28B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.59 $18.68 $18.26 $482.3M 26.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 8480 $18.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.30 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.