FMG 2.25% $20.47 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-5162

1. 607 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I'm in today at $4.99.

Undervalued and due for an upswing in my opinion.

From Motley Fool....

"Fortescue is currently trading at a P/E ratio of 5.6, and an enterprise multiple of 2.9 based on the trailing 12 months (an enterprise multiple is the enterprise value of a company divided by its EBITDA).
    In fact, you’re unlikely to find a cheaper company based on enterprise multiples on the ASX. Similarly, Fortescue has the lowest Sonkin ratio of any company in the ASX200.
    The Sonkin ratio is a tax-adjusted enterprise multiple and helps you to understand how much you’re paying for a company’s after-tax earnings. Fortescue currently trades at a Sonkin ration of around 6.7, meaning that at the current market price, investors are paying $6.70 for every dollar of after-tax earnings.
    For comparison, BHP Billiton Limited (ASX: BHP) trades at a Sonkin ratio of over 20, Rio Tinto Limited (ASX: RIO) over 15, and Newcrest Mining Limited (ASX: NCM) at over 28. Three of the four big banks are over 20. REA Group Limited (ASX: REA) is over 45.
    On top of this, the current dividend is over 10%. With a 30% increase in the spot iron price over the last few months, the bottom of the cycle may be near for Fortescue."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.