FMG 1.10% $19.76 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-52274

1. 11,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1454
    Hi Wes,

You are not a blabbermouth mate, far from it. I like your inquisitive mind. Someone who challenges themselves to think outside the box. No need to apologise mate, you add greatly to the discussion and thank you for your kind words and contribution.

You wrote;

I'd love to know how to understand how Elysia compares with similar technology.

That I cannot answer. What I do know is that WAE's battery intelligence experience has been a decade long and that their learnings have allowed them to create the Elysia technology what it is today, which note, has only been launched a year ago. In a little over a year they've signed their first-of-its-kind collaboration in the automotive industry on a production fleet a mega strategic partnering deal with luxury fleet JLR that is suppossedly worth millions of dollars as recently highlighted in media articles. One client, one mega deal in just over a year. A multi-year deal, which also means it's going to be recurring. For the exact economics of that deal, we're going to have to wait for the financials. That will be interesting to see the jump in figures, but what's most important for me at this point in time is what is going to potentially follow from this signal to market. If you have a read of the news piece below, you will note that it highlights..."starting with the the new Range Rover Electric".....AND JLR's strategy is to electrify all of their brands by 2030....so other potential applications to follow. Also have a read of the last paragraph of the link below. Hmm...Tata Communications my friend.

https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/news/2024/05/jlr-signs-deal-fortescue-advanced-ev-battery-intelligence-technologies-luxury-vehicles

and

https://www.tatacommunications.com/solutions/mobility-iot/internet-of-things/iot-move/iot-in-supply-chain/

The other question that piqued my curiosity is how is the tech monetised? e.g. do the contracts effectively sell the usage rights ad infinitum? When being sold to car manufacturers such as JLR is it linked to vehicles sold or is it a one-off transaction?

I don't think this is just a SAAS deal only and no it's not a one off, it's a multi-year deal. They highlighted that it's "strategic". They highlighted that for a reason. This is yet another strategic partnership. It's like the Liebherr partnership. That wasn't just based on a "truck deal", that partnership potentially expands into other areas as we've recently seen with the "electric excavator" and other heavy equipment and my thinking is that the JLR collaboration might follow a similar path.

I'm not sure how much this helps mate

Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by TonyIndo: 31/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.