FMG 10.2% $18.28 fortescue ltd

Iron ore price, page-52657

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 182
    I find some here are overly positive and overly negative. I said when prices were 27 and going into 28 dollar territory I was getting a little nervous holding so much stock (ok small biscuits compared to some of you.) But yes for me it was large percentage of my held stocks.

So I decided to hedge and sold 60% of my FMG stock in early Feb. I remember the abuse I suffered from a few posters that I was not the suitable investor for FMG and should leave.

So I hope most of us can find the middle ground and be wise with our investments. Some try fool us for their own gains.

My gut feeling this time was right.
    My gut feeling was already I was okay to get back in around the 24 to 25 dollar range and sit on it for a while. Happily I am in the position to increase my holding further if prices go down another 1 or 2 dollars from here.

By the way, my take on the situation in China is lots of constructed buildings in 3rd and 4th tier will need to be pulled down as the quality in building them was poor.

Domestic demand will be on the weak side for some time. There is the option they can use the export market to keep people in jobs and to keep their current steel capacity going.

There is a good chance we will slide back into a situation where we will have more demand than supply. FMG will oscilate between average\good profit margins 70 to 110 cent dividends per half to well excellent profit margins for the few years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.28
Change
-2.070(10.2%)
Mkt cap ! $56.89B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.59 $18.68 $18.26 $482.3M 26.08M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 8480 $18.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.30 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.